Are you in the market to buy a new set of twin bed sheets for you twin size bed? Well look no further I have you covered! (look another great pun)
Not only do I have some great twin bedding sheet sets, but I have also thrown in some wonderful information, such as how to get a spring scent in your bedroom at night, what the difference is between twin and twin XL, a helpful tutorial on how to fold fitted sheets, and lastly some great suggestions on what you can do with your old sheets!
So come shop with me for twin sized sheets and much more!
What is your favorite season? Autumn, when all the trees start turning an array of beautiful colors such as rubbish orange and antique red. Or maybe you like the cool crisp feel of the frost beneath your feet, in winter months.
Maybe, the warm sun bursting summer months are more to your liking and who could blame you all the swimming, camping, and of course the ultimate summer vacation!
Well for me it is the last season that I want to talk about and that is spring! I love the smell of the fresh, new grass growing and all the different scents flowing out from the millions of flowers popping up everywhere. And the rain, each and every single drop that hits the ground smells like a fresh breath of air.
Spring is also one of my favorite seasons for washing sheets. Now mind I do wash my sheets regularly, however, I love to do it in the spring even more. It is so simple wash them hang them outside to dry.
Once they are nice crisp and dry you simply bring them inside and put them right on your bed. And boy let me tell you what, you crawl in your bed and you are suddenly surrounding by all the wonderful outdoors that your wonderful trapped for you.
Another thing I love about hanging your sheets out to dry in the spring time is they have a whole new crispness feeling like a brand new set. Who doesn’t love a set of brand new sheets?
If you haven’t ever air dried your sheets in the spring give it a try, you never know you may have just discovered your new favorite season as well!
Easy Ways to Fold Fitted Sheets!
Okay, let’s face I am pretty sure almost everyone in the world hates to fold fitted sheets. They never seem to line up right and you end up with a big ball of a mess.
I get the point of fitted sheet and I see the necessity of them. I mean without fitted sheets we are sleeping on a bare mattress which is not only not healthy, but also is a scratching, rough feeling.
And have you ever tried to just replace a fitted sheet with a flat sheet? Now there is a big wad of a mess! You lay it out all nice and neat thinking ohhh it will be okay. Well you were wrong weren’t you?
Somewhere in the middle of all your tossing and turning throughout the night the sheet has slinkered up and is now gathered in a nice big ball right smack dab in the middle of your bed. So just do yourself a favor and put a fitted sheet on your bed. It could save you some very sleepless nights.
Alright enough talk. I told you I would bring some helpful ideas on how to fold a fitted sheet with a little more ease than your very stressful old fashion method. So here they are!
First method-I am going to call this one the lazy method. ( ha-ha) Simply roll it up in a big ball and find that very tiny open spot in the linen closet, then just start shoving! Just a little of humor to start with!
Okay now seriously!
- First off grab 2 corners, it generally makes it easier if you grab the 2 corners that are shorter in distance.
- Next you want to take and tuck your hands in the corner pockets. (Make sure your hands are inside of the inside outside of the sheet.)
- Now bring your hands together. (almost like you are clapping)
- Your hands are together right? Okay, so now what you want to do is tuck one corner inside of the other. Doing this your sheet should be folded in half.
- You should now have a free hand and the other holding the corners. So with your free hand ever so carefully reach down to the bottom and turn it so the bottom is now the top and what you are now holding onto.
- Okay, super easy part tuck these two corners inside each other just like you did with the other end. The ending result should be one long, slender, vertical sheet, with the corners neatly tucked inside of each other.
- Still holding on to one end fold this part of the sheet about a 1/3 of the way down.
- Take that fold and fold it again. So by this point you should have 2/3 of your sheet folded down
- Finally just fold it that last 1/3 and you should have a nice neat square folded fitted sheet!
Poof! There you have it a nice neat folded sheet ready for you to find that neat little hole in your lined closet. That wasn’t so bad now was it?
Now if you are more of a visual person here is a great example video!
There is a Difference Between Twin and Twin XL Bedding
You know honestly, I really didn’t know there was a twin XL bed until about 2 years ago. And of course when I found about it, it killed my curiosity what the difference was. Well come to find out they are both the same width, however the twin XL is a little longer.
Now in my head a twin head was more for a younger child. Simply because as someone grows most usually they are going to be to long to fit in a twin bed. And ultimately ending in the feet hanging off the end syndrome.
Well guess what? There is someone out there smarter than me! (ha-ha) Guess what they went and invented? Yep you guessed it, a twin XL. It is just a little longer so full-grown (not me of course I am short ha-ha) people can sleep on it without having their feet hang off the end!
This is great news for people who a very small room or even for college students living in dorms. Having the benefits of a smaller bed like a twin sized in a tight quarter living space, and get an added bonus of actually having it be a little longer to fit normal grown sized people.
For this post my focus is twin sheets, however, I want you to know you can look forward to me also having a post about twin XL sheets as well. Because if you do have a twin XL bed the normal twin sheets will not fit, they will be too short! So keep your eye out!
Don’t Throw Away Those Old Bed Sheets!
With prices on the rise today in everything we buy, it is a great idea to save money in any way possible. One great way to save money is reusing something in a different way with a different purpose.
In today’s time you can find many great ideas everywhere how to take one thing like a shirt and remake it into something else like that shirt can now be a head band or even a purse.
Well today I want to do the same concept with sheets. I have come up 10 different ideas that you could take your old bed sheets that you were going to throw away, and turn them into another very useful and maybe even a helpful idea.
- If you happen to have an old sheet that you really like cut a decent size square out of it and fold it half. Now go into the never ending tunnel of your closet, all the way at the back. Take out that old pair of jeans that you have tucked away waiting for you to figure out a way to repair that nice rip you got while bicycling. And take that nicely folded square and start sewing. Poof just like that you have a patch for your clothes.
- Are you living in a semi older house, that somehow air seems to find the smallest cracks to slide through? Well you can take that old worn out sheet, twist up nice and tight in a long roll and stuff it in front of that crack. It helps to push that unwanted air right back outside.
- Going on picnics is fun for everyone, no matter if it is your whole family or just you and your significant other. So how about taking an old bed sheet along with you. All you have to do is spread it out in a nice soft area and have a seat. A great picnic awaits you
- I know we have all moved a time or two in our life, and I am also sure in this move that you have had that one extremely heavy object. Or your difficult object may have just been awkward even possibly have a bottom that wouldn’t scoot or scratch the floors. Well go get that old sheet out! Spread it out in front of the object, and while one person is lifting it you can quickly slide one end of the sheet under it then go ahead and do this to the other side. Then just grab one end and start pulling. Using a sheet to help you like this will make moving this random, bulky, heavy object much easier.
- Of course there is the all time old classic, give your kiddos the old sheet. They can make the best forts with these. Who knows what else they might come up with as well. Somehow it could magically turn into a castle.
- Homemade quilts that are made with meaningful material are on the rise. So if you are sewing one of these for someone special why don’t you put a square of their favorite sheet in it as well.
- If you happen to be a crafty person (which I am not) there a teaching methods out there that can easily teach you how to turn that old sheet into a nice new curtain.
- Here is a great idea for your furry, four legged kids. If you.ave a dog take a good length and tie knots down a long strip. Poof you have invented a new toy to play tug a war with.
- Are you fixing up your house? Is one of your projects that you have lined out painting? Well take that old sheet and put it right below the spot you are getting ready to paint. Resulting in no worries of your painting ruining your wonderful flooring job.
- And lastly if you just happen to be moving you can cut apart an old sheet into big chunks and wrap some breakable items in to help ensure they make it through the move in one piece.
So there you have it folks. So great ideas for your old sheets. Upcylcling is a great concept that is on the rise and you can do it with almost anything you have including sheets. What a great way to save and have something new all at once!
We Have Reached the End My Friend (At Least For This Post)
Who knew there could be some much to talk about when it comes to sheets! Yep I did, I did! I love sharing Ideas, facts, and even new information with you.
And let’s face it taking a hard to talk about subject like sheets and turning it into something can be very helpful or even how to give you a spring smell while you sleep is always a great and fun idea.?
I hope you enjoyed this post. Do you have any questions, ideas, suggestions, or maybe if you just want to let me know what you think, please feel free to leave me a comment in the comment box below. Or my other handy method is you can email me at the email address I have provided.
Thank you for coming by. I hope you have a wonderful day!